Lakehurst is a 102 single family home community located in southwest Durham,
NC with an abundance of nature and wildlife in the community. Our lake is
home to waterfowl, turtles and fish with deer and rabbits often seen in ones yard.
Completed in 1999, our community is convenient to everything the Triangle has
- Within 2 miles of Research Triangle Park, home to Cisco Systems,GlaxoSmithKline, Fidelity Investments and IBM
- 2.7 miles from Duke University and 11 miles from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Both Universities are renowned for their academic, medicine and, of course Basketball!
- 7.38 miles from North Carolina Central University, home of a biomedical/biotechnology research center, Institute of Homeland Security and Workforce Develoment and NCCU law school
- 10.8 miles from Raleigh-Durham International Airport ( RDU )
- Close to the Streets of Southpoint and Renaissance shopping malls, I-40 and Jordan Lake
The Durham Public schools that serve our residents are Creekside Elementary
School, Lowes Grove Middle School and Jordan High School.
Durham, the City of Medicine, is listed #12 on the 100 Best Places to Live and
Launch a Business by FORTUNE Small Business 2008.
Home to the Durham Bulls baseball team, the Nasher Museum of Art and the American Tobacco Historic District, Durham is a great place to live!
- Durham City Government
- Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau
- The Research Triangle Park
- Durham County Government
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Durham Public Schools
- Durham Bulls
- The Streets at Southpoint
- Carolina Hurricanes
- The University of North Carolina
- Duke University
- North Carolina Central University
- Duke Energy
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- Homeowners Assoication of North Carolina